When I read, I like to collect quotes, tips, and other interesting snippets that could be important and useful to me, but since they have been only in my notebook, I don’t re-read them very often. So, I’ve created graphics of a few of my favorite quotes to print out and display in my work place to remind me every day. The following is a list of my favorite quotes with short justifications as to why I find them important. I’m also confident that reading those, you’ll get learnings which could help you with your marketing career.
- “There is nothing that is a more certain sign of insanity than to do the same thing over and over and expect the results to be different.” – Albert EinsteinPeople often make things in the same way or with very little variation for years and wonder why their results are always the same. I’m guilty of this also. Going outside your comfort zone can seem too difficult, especially when there is related risk, but without taking this risk, you may never get the big reward you’re looking for
- “By publishing content that shows buyers you understand their problems and can show them how to solve them, you build credibility.” – Ardath Albee In my opinion, this is an absolutely brilliant quote and should be the guideline for every company. How else can you convince your customers that you’re the right vendor than by showcasing that you understand their problems and can help them?
- “Before you create any more ‘great content,’ figure out how you are going to market it first.” – Joe Pulizzi and Newt BarrettToo often (especially in Finland), we make great content but leave it there once it’s ready without promoting it. In doing this, we lose the time we invested in creating the content if no one will see it. This is done on many occasions: marketers make brochures, videos, etc.; journalists write articles; analysts prepare reports. In all of these scenarios we see the same thing: once the content is ready, we start creating the next round of content and ignore whether anyone will actually know to consume what we just wrote. Even the best viral campaigns require some kind of promotion.
- “Always write as if you’re talking to an individual rather than a group.” – Ian Atkinson People want to feel as if they are individuals and are being addressed individually. Even in B2B companies, individuals make the decisions, not the company as a whole.
- “High search engine rankings are not created through manipulation or trickery. They are the results of the offering excellent content.” – David Meerman ScottSearch engine optimization, or SEO, has required technical knowledge, but the most important thing is your content. Google has also announced that it will increasingly emphasize the importance of good, popular content in its algorithms.
- “You cannot bore someone into buying your product.” – David OgilvyI don’t understand why so many companies think that they will be able to sell their products based only on their product information. Of course, product specs are important, but you need to get the consumers aware of your product.
What are your favorite quotes?
07 Nov 2016